This page will keep the school community up to date with information during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
While the school is closed for any queries please email Matthew Carr, Principal – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you phone the school and leave a message it will be picked up within a few days and we will get back to you.
Information for Parents – Click Here
Information for Students – Click Here
Minister for Education and Skills announces postponement of 2020 Leaving Certificate examinations – Click Here for Statement.
The following is a breakdown of the process to be applied for students to be given the option of Calculated Grades or to sit the examinations.
- The 2020 Leaving Certificate examinations, previously scheduled to take place in late July and August, have been postponed.
- There will be no Leaving Certificate fee this year. All exam fees which have been paid will be refunded.
- Teachers will be asked to provide a professional judgment of each student’s attainment which will be subjected to a rigorous in-school alignment process to ensure fairness.
- The school principal will approve the estimated scores being provided and the rankings of each student in each subject in the school.
- A special unit is being established within the Department of Education and Skills to process the data provided by each school and operate national standardisation, again to ensure fairness amongst all students.
- The Department will finalise the grades for each student which will be issued to each student as close as possible to the traditional date. Formal State certification will also be provided.
- Students will retain the right to appeal. This will involve checks on school-entered data; correct transfer of that data to the Department; a review that it was correctly received and processed by the Department; and a verification of the Department’s processes by independent appeal scrutineers.
- Students will also retain the right to the sit the 2020 Leaving Certificate examinations at a date in the future when it is deemed safe for state examinations to be held.
Leaving Certificate 2020: Information and Resources including Question & Answer Section – Click Here.
Summary of how Calculated Grades work – Click Here.
Summer Assessments – May 2020.
All students will be receiving Summer Assessments from their teachers over the coming weeks. These assessments to be completed at home and submitted to teachers by email. If students cannot access the assessments on their email account please contact the school by email to email@example.com or send a text message to 087 2181038. We will post assessments to parents if required.
Please click on the links below for the timetables for each year group.
Timetable for 1st year Summer Assessments May 2020 – Click Here.
Timetable for 2nd year Summer Assessments May 2020 – Click Here.
Timetable for 5th year Leaving Certificate Summer Assessments May 2020 – Click Here.
Timetable for 5th year Leaving Certificate Applied Summer Assessments May 2020 – Click Here.
Sixth year students will find some information here on the CAO Change of Mind Form – Click Here.
Letter for Parents on 3rd year Junior Cycle Assignments – Click Here.
Timetable for 3rd year Junior Cycle Assignments – Click Here.
Statement from State Examinations Commission on Junior and Leaving Certificate Examination Fees.
RE: COVID-19 – Clarification on payment of Examination Fees 2020
The SEC would be grateful if you would bring the following information to the attention of your examination candidates/parents/guardians:
Leaving Certificate Fees: The closing date for payment of the Leaving Cert examination fee is being extended until after the exams are complete and the results has issued.
Junior Certificate/Cycle Fees: Students will not be required to pay an examination fees to the SEC in relation to the 2020 Junior Cycle examinations, the SEC will be issuing a refund to all students who have already paid. There is no need to contact the State Examinations Commission as refunds will be made automatically. Further details will be sent to all schools in the coming days.
SUSI Grant: Information for 6th year students and their parents on grants for Third Level and Further Education. Click Here.
Junior Certificate Update: Department of Education & Skills has decided revised arrangements for the Junior Certificate. Read more. Click Here. Borrisokane Community College will be organising assessments for third year students to be completed by May 22nd. Students and Parents will get details of the assessments early next week. This will be part of students Summer 2020 Assessment. Work done during the year will make up the remainder.
Junior Cycle Questions and Answers – Click Here. Note: Junior Certificate Fees do not have to be paid this year. If you have already paid the fees you can apply for a refund to the State Examinations Commission.
Support: Click on this link for advice & resources for keeping children and young people well during Covid-19.
SpunOut website has Mental Health Supports – Click Here
Online Support and Resources – Click Here
- Advice on how to cope with Leaving Certificate contingency measures Click Here
2. If Parents have forms to be signed by the school e.g. Childrens Allowance Forms please send them to the school by post and they will be signed and we can post them to the relevant Office.
The National Parents Council Post Primary ( NPCPP) completed a survey of parents since schools closed. The survey showed that the parents of Ireland are grateful and appreciative of all that teachers are doing in these difficult times. (see report here)
Following the Minister’s announcement on Friday 10th April, NPCPP would like to ask for the parents voice on the changes announced. To access the survey click on the link below.
THIS SURVEY WILL CLOSE ON TUESDAY 21ST APRIL 2020 AT 10AM
Stress Control Programme: The programme is for adults, but under 18 year olds are encouraged to participate with their parents. It may be a useful programme for Leaving Certificate students and/or their parents. Details can be found here: https://stresscontrol.org/ and the link to the YouTube introductory video is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_BKErJ_jlSQHKFtHPCRmEctDtcNCCowB
April 10th 2020.
Update from Department of Education on Leaving Certificate, Leaving Certificate Applied and Junior Certificate 2020.
Click here for details from the Department of Education & Skills website.
Click here for details on the State Examinations Commission website. This website also has information on practical exams, projects, LCVP exam etc. for Leaving Certificate and Leaving Certificate Applied which are now planned to take place at the end of July early August.
Guidance Presentation for Students with Careers and General Information – Click Here.
Advice for Young People while schools are closed – Click Here.
Tips for students on taking responsibility for their own learning during School Closure – Click Here.
Keep up to date on State Exams on the State Examinations Commission Website – Click Here.
Department of Education & Skills website has useful information for students, school staff and parents – Click Here.
Distance Learning with Office 365: Guidance for Parents and Guardian – Click Here.
How to send an Assignment to a Teacher on Teams – Watch this video – Click Here.
Information for Students on Office 365 – Click Here.
National Parents Council website – Click Here.
Useful website for supports on Promoting Positive Mental Health and Wellbeing during the current situation – Click Here.